2 Timothy 1:7

2 Timothy 1:7
"For I have not given you a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind"

Thursday, March 5, 2015

It is a fight...

Ephesians 6:12


For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

I have been attacked lately. My son was very sick and spent a week in the hospital, anxiety attacks have tried to invade my mind, medical diagnoses have crept up on me, nightmares have been interrupting my sleep....

I have to be honest with you, and tell you that a part of me wants to feels defeated. Part of me wants to become numb to everything and expect bad news. Lay down and just cry and never get back up. Yes, there is something in me that feels like this would be a realistic solution.  

But....

But there is still a part of me that is alive and on fire. This part of me says to trust the faithful one. It is a place deep in my spirit that will not let me accept defeat. I cannot stray too far from my identity found in Christ. This part of me begs for me to press on, to keep praying, fighting and believing.  It is more of an existence, a part of me, it is truth in the purest form that cannot be tainted. We have to keep in mind that we are fighting a spiritual war. When we are attacked spiritually, we need to fight back spiritually. Circumstances change from day to day, people change....but God never changes! He has never once changed the way he has felt about me. 

1st John 4:4


But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.

The spirit inside of me is greater than the spirit that lives in the world! This is an exciting statement. It is in these times of trial though, that this verse speaks the most truth to me.  We have to fight against the enemy, not on our own but with the help of the Holy Spirit. In my weakness, he is made strong. The Spirit of God overpowers the thoughts that the enemy tries to entangle me in. I am thankful to know the voice of God in my life. I am thankful that I am victorious, that no weapon formed against me can prosper, that I walk in power and love and a sound mind. 

6 comments: