2 Timothy 1:7

2 Timothy 1:7
"For I have not given you a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind"

Monday, April 13, 2015

Peace.

I love sitting outside in the cool spring air. Mount Victory is probably as close as you could get to living in the country, without actually living in the country. The sound of horses hooves clank on the asphalt as the Amish head home from a long day out on the field. The frogs in some distance harmonize with the crickets and the gentle breeze, developing a melody that cannot be scripted. The train a few miles away whistles a familiar tune while the rest of the town is sound asleep. Chirping, tweeting, screeching, croaking...the music draws sleep to my weary mind. My Creator whispers to me the promises of renewed mercy and grace that will rise as surely as the sun. Love envelopes me at the realization that my Heavenly Father is conducting a symphony that He wrote just for me. A symphony that carries peace, a peace that fills the cracks in the weak areas of my life. As the train draws closer to the tracks at the end of my street, my eyes fall heavy with sleep. Tomorrows worries will not keep me awake tonight, because tonight....I'm resting in the presence of the Holy One.

4 comments:

  1. That indeed is a beautiful loving whisper of the heart! LOVE it. It comforted me... and encouraged me. Thank you for your carefully crafted words and inspiring faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you pack a lot into a few words. That was such a sweet thing to read before going to bed. I love Amish country. My parents live in Amish country in PA, and visiting is such a retreat for me! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your kind comments! I have missed being able to update! Glad that my computer is up and going again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great reminder to sit and be quiet outside and capture the beauty and the "silence" around us!

    ReplyDelete